Monday, November 17, 2008

Mid-morning update

So its 3:04 a.m. Handing off responsibilities to Melissa. I think Caroline should sleep from here on -- let's just say we went through 3 diapers in 20 minutes, preceded by about 2 hours of what I now know is the buildup to that little masquerade.

The DVR is key to my life already. Not only does it have entertainment better than the garden-variety infomercials at this time of night, I really needed the ability to pause tonight.

I'm thinking of songs that I like that might be soothing sung as lullabyes. Here's what I tried tonight:

U2's 'MLK' (from Unforgettable Fire)
Oasis - 'Wonderwall', 'Acquiesce'
Tom Petty - 'Crawling back to you'
Ryn Adams - 'When the stars go blue'
Whiskeytown - 'Excuse me while I break my own heart'
Wilco - 'Dash 7'

1 comment:

KWG said...

Welcome to parenthood. There will be so many sleepless nights in the two decades to come...especially when Caroline starts dating.

I'm glad to see you're starting her music education on the right foot. Perhaps she will be the one child to know that the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana are NOT quality music. FYI: James Taylor is great for bedtime.