Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bananas, Bunnies and a Fever

The time had come to give it a try. Argue all you want about all of the theories about how long to wait to give a baby some 'real food', but we averaged the conventional wisdom and went ahead and gave Caroline some bananas, courtesy of Gerber.

She loved them and then proceeded to go into a coma-like sleep, which was unexpected, but welcome. She hasn't slept as well this week because she had her first fever! (103 deg.)

I had to go to Las Vegas this week for a trade show and sure enough, as soon as I sent Melissa a text message that I had landed, I got a reply that she had a 103 degree fever... clearly Melissa had more to deal with, but it was hard being away when Caroline was sick. Thanks to the wonders of Tylenol and an antibiotic she was feeling much better within a day. Also, it was a huge help that Grammie was able to come visit while I was gone as well!

Today Caroline got to put on a really cute Easter dress (Palm Sunday counts, right?). Thanks Laura B for the beautiful dress!As you can see, Caroline has become really good at holding things -- she can almost put her pacifier back in her mouth:
Another cute one:
The photo below is self-captioned:

No comments: