Wednesday, November 11, 2009

364 days

The official number one is tomorrow. Caroline will formally turn one year old at 3:20 p.m., November 12.

Doesn't seem real, does it?

I can't remember what it was like when she was 6 months. Three months old is a total blur. Week one? Like a dream.

And if you asked me what I used to do with my free time before Caroline, I have no earthly idea. And as I think nearly every parent would say, I don't really care because I wouldn't change a thing.

Sure, this has been probably the most chaotic and crazy year of my life but so what? When you get to hug your kid each day, all that seems to disappear.

So looking back I just feel fortunate. Though we've dealt with a nightmare daycare, getting ear tubes and some other difficult times, we have a happy healthy baby girl who I guess I have to call a toddler after tomorrow... I hope you've all enjoyed the photos and sharing this past year with us. Here's to even more memories in the year ahead.

2 comments:

KWG said...

Forget the toddler stuff. She'll always be your baby girl, even when she's thirty. That's a father's prerogative.

Elizabeth Smithgall said...

Happy Birthday Lady C! Thanks for making me cry at work with your prose Warner!!! :)