On Monday, Caroline had a 100.4 fever when she woke up, so after a quick trip to the doc office to make sure it wasn't an ear infection (negative!) she and I hung out until Melissa came home to take the other half of the day.
We're doing the same thing today since the fever was still there last night and she has to be 'cool' for 24 hours to go back to daycare. (98.1 this a.m.!)
At any rate, I had to take an important call at 11:30 so I was desperately hoping she'd go down for her nap at 11:00. Lately, the only way she'll get comfortable in the rocking chair is vertical, with the back of her head on your chest and feet hanging down. As I was rocking her this morning, she actually cuddled up sideways, with her face up at mine, which is so awesome and doesn't happen as often.
After she went to sleep, I needed to get up and get ready for the call and to go to work, but first I kind of tightened my arms to snuggle her up a little bit and when I did that, in her sleep, she smiled.
She could have been dreaming about cheerios, her toys or whatever, but I teared up anyway.
1 comment:
You are such a good dad, Warner!It is nice to how you really appreciate all the little moments that people take for granted!
Post a Comment