So, I'm in PR and of course, I'm putting Caroline's best foot forward here. But, she's a kid and more and more so than a baby every day. Lately, she's clearly been 'exploring her boundaries' with us.
And so for the first time, she landed herself in Time Out today.
Twice.
Sort of like the time I got my first ever demerit in elementary school after years of a clean record, followed by my second that very afternoon (it took only 2 for detention.)
I'm conflicted about Time Out. Mainly because I've seen parents threaten Time Out in public to really bratty kids in restaurants, etc. and it has ZERO effect. But I'm not exactly going to pull out the belt every time either.
I was too meek a child and should have gotten in trouble more, but I just wasn't interested. I want Caroline to be well behaved, but just ever so slightly adventurous -- in a safe, tolerable way. I have no idea how to create that, but I think I'm going to need more in the toolkit than Time Out.
Oh, you're wondering how Caroline took it? She wasn't thrilled, but her tantrum she was pitching when she tipped the discipline scale wasn't much different. (We only put her in her crib for a minute... we've read you go to Time Out for a minute for every year you are old....)
But she got cute again of course and we all forgave each other and promised to never, ever do that again, right Caroline?
No comments:
Post a Comment